AIK Energy Romania SRL was established in Bucharest, Romania, as a subsidiary company of AIK Energy Ltd, headquartered in London, United Kingdom. Its activities center around natural gas and power, in accordance with the Group’s business operations in the sectors of natural gas, power, oil products and renewable energy.
What we do
Aiming to fulfill its first stage of the expansion plan, AIK Energy Ltd. incorporated AIK Energy Ltd Londra Sucursala Bucuresti, AIK Energy Ukraine and AIK Energy Moldova, which were soon followed by the founding of AIK Energy Austria, AIK Energy Romania and AIK Energy Hungary.
Having a strong empowerment through AIK Energy Ltd., the Romanian Subsidiary has evolved in a fast manner, now holding gas and electricity trading and supply licenses in other seven countries and being on the process of obtaining licenses in other five countries.
Experienced, diversified and well-balanced, our team of senior professionals possesses extensive experience in management, finance and legal aspects, in addition to the particularities of the energy industry. Our certified middle and junior traders have an appetite for modern trading technologies, aiming to streamline the links between acquisition and sale. Diversity allows AIK Energy to have a unique understanding and be well-connected in numerous energy markets, while having first-hand experience in accordance with the geographic region from Central and Eastern Europe to the Middle East.
Aik Energy LTD
We are a trusting and reliable partner – AIK Energy has developed a trusted network of companies at the European level in order to align the local practices with our international business vision, being able to establish an accurate, long-term business relation with all our partners, regionally and globally. Furthermore, AIK Energy is in constant collaboration with all energy authorities and financial institutions operating in Central and Eastern Europe.
Our extensive knowledge and understanding of the Energy European markets (physical and virtual commodities) alongside the constant harmonization of the legislative variations offer our partners a clear and wide variety of products and associations.
While keeping integrity and transparency as essential attributes, AIK Energy LTD’s commitment allows us to execute reliable, trustworthy, long-term relationships leading AIK Energy to success on highly competitive gas&power markets.
On the 1st of June, AIK Energy Romania, already mentioned by the Romanian Energy Regulatory Authority as the main gas importer, entered the market of natural gas and electricity supply to final consumers, including household consumers, through a campaign of raising awareness on the liberalization of the natural gas market and successfully elaborated specific offers with a range of prices even by 17 % more advantageous in comparison with the offers developed by some of the largest suppliers on the market.”
AIK Energy aims to be a trusted partner in all areas we are active in, being recognized for our agility, experience, financial stability and our strength to collaborate successfully with our partners.
It is the company’s philosophy to continuously explore new opportunities and grow by entering new markets and diversifying into new areas of activity.
Licensed on gas & energy markets
Licensed Gas Shipper
AIK Energy Romania SRL extended its activity on the European market and now holds the right of trading/ supplying gas and/ or energy in the following countries:
- Austria: CEGH Membership is entitled to trade on the Austrian VTP; E-control commence of activity notification;
- Czech Republic:
- through the Natural Gas License issued by the local Energy Regulation Office: English version/ Czech version is a recognized gas trader on the Czech gas market;
- through the Power License issued by the local Energy Regulation Office: English version/ Czech version is a recognized electricity trader on the Czech gas market
- Greece: registration as a National Natural Gas Transmission System user (ESFA) / Greek version, being recognized as a gas trader on the Greek market;
- Natural Gas Supply License issued by the local Energy Regulatory Authority (ANRE): English version/ Romanian version, being recognized as a gas supplier on the Romanian market;
- Power Supply License issued by the local Energy Regulatory Authority (ANRE): English version/ Romanian version, being recognized as an electricity supplier on the Romanian market;
- Natural Gas Supply License issued by the Regulatory Office for Network Industries: English version/ Slovakian version, being recognized as a gas supplier on the Slovakian market;
- Power Supply License issued by the Regulatory Office for Network Industries: English version/ Slovakian version, being recognized as an electricity supplier on the Slovakian market;
- United Kingdom: Gas Shipper License granted by OFGEM (Office of Gas and Electricity Markets);
AIK Energy Romania’s mid-term plan include becoming a licensed/official electricity trader in Bulgaria and United Kingdom, gas trader in Poland and also a licensed gas and electricity trader in France and Spain, which will lead to an increment of the activity by 30%.
AIK Energy Romania is growing into a strong leader of the gas and power European industry, having strong business relationships with partners such as:
AIK Energy Romania SRL
We consider the impact of every action we take. With this in mind, we continuously work on minimising our impact on the climate and environment, complying with the laws and own policies in this area.
We are partners with our employees, customers and stakeholders in order to create added value.