AIK Energy Romania SRL was established in Bucharest, Romania, as a subsidiary of AIK Energy Ltd. headquartered in London, United Kingdom. Its activities center around natural gas and power, in accordance with the Group’s business operations in the sectors of natural gas, power, renewable energy and oil products and is one of the main continental hubs, alongside AIK Energy Austria and AIK Energy Hungary. The company offers customized support based on the requirements of each individual customer, through our expert knowledge in the energy sector.
What we do
Aiming to fulfill its first stage of the expansion plan, AIK Energy Ltd. incorporated AIK Energy Ltd. Londra Sucursala București, AIK Energy Ukraine and AIK Energy Moldova, which were soon followed by the founding of AIK Energy Austria, AIK Energy Romania and AIK Energy Hungary.
Being strongly empowered by the group , the Romanian subsidiary evolved in a fast manner, now holding gas and electricity trading and/ or supply licenses in Austria, Czech Republic, Greece, Italy, Slovakia, Hungary and United Kingdom and being on the process of acquiring licenses in other five countries.
As a pioneer, AIK Energy Romania entered the market of natural gas and electricity supply for end users in July 2020, while implementing in 2021 a new network of power charging stations.
Experienced, diversified and well-balanced, our team of senior professionals brings extensive expertise in management, finance, legal and operations, in addition to the particularities of the energy industry.
Our certified traders have solid know how for modern trading technologies, aiming to streamline the links between acquisition and sale.
The diversity of the AIK Energy team allows us to have a unique understanding and be well connected in numerous energy markets, while bringing first-hand experience in the region, from Central and Eastern Europe to the Middle East.
Aik Energy LTD
AIK Energy developed a trusted network of companies and partners to align the local practices with our international business vision, forming accurate, long-term business relation. AIK Energy collaborates openly and transparently with all the energy authorities and financial institutions in Central and Eastern Europe.
Our extensive knowledge and understanding of the European Energy markets for both physical and virtual commodities, alongside the constant harmonization of the legislative variation give all our partners a clear and wide variety of products to choose from.
Our strong commitment to integrity and transparency allows us to build reliable, trustworthy, long-term relationships, leading AIK Energy to succeed on the highly competitive gas and power market.
Virtue by entering the gas & power markets, AIK Energy provides a secure, fair-priced source of gas and power for all market participants and consolidates its position as trusted, long-term partner as the company gradually advanced its position to the main importer of gas in Romania starting April 2019, as mentioned by the ANRE (Romanian Energy Regulatory Authority) reports.
In 2018 AIK Energy Ltd. started its activity on the Romanian market and sold, through its Bucharest Branch, around 1,500,000 MWh of natural gas. In 2019, AIK Energy purchased and supplied approximately 12,500,000 MWh of natural gas.
On July 1st, 2020, AIK Energy Romania entered the market of natural gas and electricity supply to final consumers, including household consumers, through a campaign of raising awareness on the liberalization of the natural gas market and successfully elaborated specific offers with a range of prices with even 17% more advantageous than the offers proposed by some of the largest players of the local energy market.
While focusing in Romania on the natural gas trading and supplying activities, AIK Energy Romania aims to become also one of the largest local power importers and suppliers.
Our extensive gas & power expertise on the European and Middle East markets give us leverage and qualifies us to be one of the best partners on business matters related to power and natural gas, as we developed a trading network over Europe through our subsidiaries in United Kingdom, Austria, Hungary, Romania, Ukraine and Republic of Moldova.
Of special mention is AIK Energy Romania’s commitment to invest in renewables projects. The group is mindful of the necessity of diversifying its business towards green energy alternatives.
January 2021 marks the beginning of an ambitious project. In collaboration with Siemens, AIK Energy started to implement in Romania a network of power charging stations.
Licensed Gas Shipper
AIK Energy Romania SRL extended its activity in Europe and now holds the rights of trading/ supplying gas and/ or energy as follows:
- Austria: through the CEGH Membership is entitled to trade on the Austrian VTP; access here the E-control commence of activity notification;
- Czech Republic:
- registered as a gas trader – Natural Gas License issued by the local Energy Regulation Office: English version/ Czech version;
- registered as a power trader – Power License issued by the local Energy Regulation Office: English version/ Czech version;
- Greece: registered as a gas trader – National Natural Gas Transmission System user (ESFA)/ Greek version;
- Letter of Admission on the natural gas market, issued by the local authority GME (Energy Markets Administrator), English version/ Italian version;
- registered as gas supplier – Natural Gas Supply License issued by the local Energy Regulatory Authority (ANRE): English version/ Romanian version;
- registered as a power supplier – Power Supply License issued by the local Energy Regulatory Authority (ANRE): English version/ Romanian version;
- registered as a gas supplier – Natural Gas Supply License issued by the Regulatory Office for Network Industries: English version/ Slovakian version;
- registered as a power supplier – Power Supply License issued by the Regulatory Office for Network Industries: English version/ Slovakian version;
- United Kingdom:
- Gas Shipper License granted by OFGEM (Office of Gas and Electricity Markets);
- registered as a gas trader – License for Limited Natural Gas Trade issued by the local Energy Regulatory Authority for Public Utility Services Hungary (HEA): English version/ Hungarian version;
*license annex – modified registry name: Hungarian version.
AIK Energy Romania’s mid-term plans include becoming a licensed and official electricity trader in Bulgaria and United Kingdom, gas trader in Poland and also a licensed gas and electricity trader in France and Spain, leading thus to an increment of the activity by at least 30%.
AIK Energy Romania is growing into a strong leader of the gas and power European industry, having tight business relationships with partners such as:
AIK Energy Romania SRL
We consider the impact of every action we take. With this in mind, we continuously work on minimizing our impact on the climate and environment, complying with the laws and policies in the sector.
We are partners with our employees, customers and stakeholders in order to create added value.