AIK Energy Romania SRL was established in Bucharest, Romania, as a subsidiary of AIK Energy Group, headquartered in London, United Kingdom. Its activities center around natural gas and power, in accordance with the Group’s business operations in the sectors of natural gas, power, oil products and renewable energy.
What we do
Aiming to fulfill its first stage of the expansion plan, AIK Energy Ltd. incorporated AIK Energy Ltd Londra Sucursala București, AIK Energy Ukraine and AIK Energy Moldova, which were soon followed by the founding of AIK Energy Austria, AIK Energy Romania and AIK Energy Hungary.
Having a strong empowerment through the brand and the activity of AIK Energy Ltd., the Romanian subsidiary evolved in a fast manner, now holding gas and electricity trading and supply licenses in Austria, Czech Republic, Greece, Italy, Slovakia, Hungary and United Kingdom and being on the process of acquiring licenses in other five countries.
Experienced, diversified and well-balanced, our team of senior professionals possesses extensive experience in management, finance and legal aspects, in addition to the particularities of the energy industry.
Our certified middle and junior traders have an appetite for modern trading technologies, aiming to streamline the links between acquisition and sale.
Diversity allows AIK Energy to have a unique understanding and be well-connected in numerous energy markets, while having first-hand experience in accordance with the geographic region from Central and Eastern Europe to the Middle East.
Aik Energy LTD
We are a trusting and reliable partner – AIK Energy has developed a trusted network of companies at the European level in order to align the local practices with our international business vision, being able to establish an accurate, long-term business relation with all our partners, regionally and globally. Furthermore, AIK Energy is in constant collaboration with all energy authorities and financial institutions operating in Central and Eastern Europe.
Our extensive knowledge and understanding of the European Energy markets (physical and financial commodities) alongside the constant harmonization of the legislative variations, offer our partners a clear and wide variety of products and associations.
While keeping integrity and transparency as essential attributes, AIK Energy LTD’s commitment allows us to develop and execute reliable, trustworthy, long-term relationships, leading AIK Energy to success on the highly competitive gas & power markets.
On June 1st 2020 AIK Energy Romania, already mentioned by the Romanian Energy Regulatory Authority as the main gas importer of the country, entered the market of natural gas and electricity supply to final consumers, including household consumers, through a campaign of raising awareness on the liberalization of the natural gas market and successfully elaborated specific offers with a range of prices with even 17% more advantageous than the offers proposed by some of the largest players of the local energy market.
AIK Energy aims to be a trusted partner in all areas of its activity, being recognized for its agility, experience, financial stability and the strength to collaborate successfully with all its partners.
It is the company’s philosophy to continuously explore new opportunities and grow by entering new markets and diversifying into new areas of activity.
While focusing in Romania on the natural gas trading and supplying activities, AIK Energy Romania aims to become soon also one of the largest local power importers and suppliers.
Our extensive gas & power expertise on the European and Middle East markets give us leverage and qualifies us to be one of the best partners when it comes to business matters related to power and natural gas, as we developed a trading network over Europe through our subsidiaries in United Kingdom, Austria, Hungary, Romania, Ukraine and Republic of Moldova.
Of special mention is AIK Energy Romania’s commitment to invest in windfarm projects. The group is mindful of the necessity of diversifying its business towards green energy alternatives.
January 2021 marks the beginning of an ambitious project. In collaboration with Siemens, AIK Energy started to implement in Romania a network of power charging stations.
Licensed on gas & energy markets
AIK Energy Romania SRL is an official natural gas and power supplier of Romania, as granted by the Romanian Energy Regulatory Authority – ANRE (access the gas supply license here/ the power supply license here). AIK Energy Romania holds the rights of trading/ supplying gas and/ or energy in the following countries:
Licensed Gas Shipper
AIK Energy Romania SRL extended its activity on the European markets and now holds the rights of trading/ supplying gas and/ or energy in the following countries:
- Austria: through the CEGH Membership is entitled to trade on the Austrian VTP; access here the E-control commence of activity notification;
- Czech Republic:
- through the Natural Gas License issued by the local Energy Regulation Office: English version/ Czech version is recognized as a gas trader on the Czech gas market;
- through the Power License issued by the local Energy Regulation Office: English version/ Czech version is recognized as an electricity trader on the Czech power market;
- Greece: registered as a National Natural Gas Transmission System user (ESFA) / Greek version, being recognized as a gas trader on the Greek market;
- Natural Gas Supply License issued by the local Energy Regulatory Authority (ANRE): English version/ Romanian version, being recognized as a gas supplier on the Romanian market;
- Power Supply License issued by the local Energy Regulatory Authority (ANRE): English version/ Romanian version, being recognized as an electricity supplier on the Romanian market;
- Natural Gas Supply License issued by the Regulatory Office for Network Industries: English version/ Slovakian version, being recognized as a gas supplier on the Slovakian market;
- Power Supply License issued by the Regulatory Office for Network Industries: English version/ Slovakian version, being recognized as an electricity supplier on the Slovakian market;
- United Kingdom: access here the Gas Shipper License granted by OFGEM (Office of Gas and Electricity Markets);
AIK Energy Romania’s mid-term plans include becoming a licensed and official electricity trader in Bulgaria and United Kingdom, gas trader in Poland and also a licensed gas and electricity trader in France and Spain, which will lead to an increment of the activity by at least 30%.
AIK Energy Romania is growing into a strong leader of the gas and power European industry, having strong business relationships with partners such as:
AIK Energy Romania SRL
We consider the impact of every action we take. With this in mind, we continuously work on minimising our impact on the climate and environment, complying with the laws and own policies in this area.
We are partners with our employees, customers and stakeholders in order to create added value.