The core of AIK Energy is dated back in 2013, the year when AIK Trading Ltd (currently AIK ENERGY LTD) was founded in the United Kingdom, focusing on the trading of gas, power, petroleum products, crude oil and condensate across the whole Central and Eastern European region.
What we do
AIK ENERGY took fore-front position in natural gas supply and starting with 2015 has been developing and consolidating gradually, on the European markets, managing at the end of 2019 a forecast of 12,500,000 MWh traded at a turnover of 550.000.000 Pounds. On the Romanian wholesale gas market, AIK Energy was the second largest supplier in Q1/2019, with a market share of 17,2% in addition to being positioned by ANRE as the largest importer of natural gas in Romania.
The above-mentioned achievements and the genuine, continuous growth of the market participation underline the sustainability of AIK Energy LTD’s strategy and performance.
Experienced, diversified and well-balanced, our team of senior professionals possesses extensive experience in management, finance and legal aspects, in addition to the particularities of the energy industry.
Our certified middle and junior traders have an appetite for modern trading technologies, aiming to streamline the links between acquisition and sale.
Diversity allows AIK Energy to have a unique understanding and be well-connected in numerous energy markets, while having first-hand experience in accordance with the geographic region from Central and Eastern Europe to the Middle East.
Aik Energy LTD
We are a trusting and reliable partner – AIK Energy has developed a trusted network of companies on an European level in order to align the local practices with our international business vision, being able to establish an accurate, long-term business relation with all our partners, regionally and globally. Furthermore, AIK Energy is in constant collaboration with all energy authorities and financial institutions operating in Central and Eastern Europe.
Our extensive knowledge and understanding of the European Energy markets (physical and financial commodities) alongside the constant harmonization of the legislative variations offer our partners a clear and wide variety of products and services.
While keeping integrity and transparency as essential attributes, AIK Energy LTD’s commitment allows us to develop and execute reliable, trustworthy, long-term relationships, leading AIK Energy to success on these highly competitive gas & power markets.
AIK Energy Ltd. aims to become one of the largest natural gas traders on the United Kingdom market.
Our extensive gas expertise on the European and Middle East markets give us leverage and qualifies us to be a reliable partner when it comes to all business matters related to natural gas industry. We developed a trading network over Europe through our subsidiaries in United Kingdom, Austria, Hungary, Romania, Ukraine and Republic of Moldova, managing in 2019 to trade 12,5 Million MWh.
Our expansion plans involve increasing both our partners network and presence by opening new offices in most of the European countries, starting with Greece, Germany, The Netherlands, Spain, Italy, France, Czech Republic and Belgium.
In the short time since the company has become active in the energy industry, the volumes traded through the Bucharest Branch reached 70.000 MW per month and continue to increase in a sustainable way.
Out of a strong desire of providing the best services for end-users, since 2020 AIK Energy extended its activity to the electricity supply market, challenging it to raise liquidity and transparency, promoting trust among the customers and meeting their highest expectations.
Also, of special mention is AIK Energy LTD’s commitment to invest in windfarm projects. The group is mindful of the necessity of diversifying its business towards green energy alternatives given the current evolving transition scenario the energy industry is facing.
January 2021 marks the beginning of an ambitious project. In collaboration with Siemens, AIK Energy started to implement in Europe a new network of power charging stations.
Licensed on gas & energy markets
AIK Energy Ltd has been officially, starting with 2020, a licensed gas shipper in the United Kingdom for both import and export (access the license here). AIK Energy Ltd extended its activity on the European markets and holds the right to trade/ supply gas and/ or energy in the following countries:
Licensed Gas Shipper
AIK Energy Ltd. UK has been officially, starting with the year of 2020, a licensed gas shipper in and for the United Kingdom (access the license here).
AIK Energy Ltd. UK extended its activity on the European markets and now holds the right of trading/ supplying gas and/ or energy in the following countries:
- Austria: through the CEGH Membership is entitled to trade on the Austrian VTP;
- Czech Republic:
- through the Natural Gas License issued by the local Energy Regulation Office: English version/ Czech version is entitled to trade on the Czech gas market;
- through the Power License issued by the local Energy Regulation Office: English version/ Czech version is entitled to trade on the Czech power market;
- Greece: registered as a National Natural Gas Transmission System user (ESFA), being recognized as a gas trader on the Greek market;
- Natural Gas Supply License issued by the local Energy Regulatory Authority (ANRE): English version / Romanian version, being recognized as a gas supplier on the Romanian market;
- Power Supply License issued by the local Energy Regulatory Authority (ANRE): English version / Romanian version, being recognized as an electricity supplier on the Romanian market;
- Natural Gas Supply License issued by the Regulatory Office for Network Industries: English version / Slovakian version, being recognized as a gas supplier on the Slovakian market;
- Power Supply License issued by the Regulatory Office for Network Industries: English version/ Slovakian version, being recognized as an electricity supplier on the Slovakian market;
*license annex – change of address: English version/ Hungarian version.
- Limited License for Gas Trading and Operation, issued by the local Energy and Public Utilities Regulatory Authority (HEA): English version / Hungarian version being entitled to trade on the Hungarian gas market;
- Limited License for Electricity Trading and Operation, issued by the local Energy and Public Utilities Regulatory Authority (HEA): English version / Hungarian version being entitled to trade on the Hungarian electricity market.
AIK Energy Ltd.’s mid-term plan counts among its objectives becoming a licensed electricity trader in Bulgaria and also a licensed gas and electricity trader in France and Spain, objectives that will lead to an increment of the activity by 30%.
AIK Energy Ltd. is growing into a strong leader of the gas and power European industry, having strong business relationships with partners such as:
AIK Energy LTD
We consider the impact of every action we take. With this in mind, we continuously work on minimising our impact on the climate and environment, complying with the laws and own policies in this area.
We are partners with our employees, customers and stakeholders in order to create added value.